The Soak it Out Epsom Salt Detox Bath
Here is one of my favorite cleansing and detoxifying ways to break up an evening routine and calm your body and to get ready for a delicious nights rest. Grab a great book and roll with this, right before bed.
The Soak it Out Bath:
The Soak it Out Bath provides many powerful benefits in one soothing, 20-minute ritual every day.
What does it do and how does it help?
- Relaxation of your nervous system and lowering of cortisol through the use of lavender oil, which promotes weight loss and lowers inflammation.
- Enhancement of detoxification through the effects of the magnesium and sulfur in the Epsom salts.
- Magnesium is my favorite mineral for all things chillaxing and the go to mineral for all things tight and anxious.
- Enhanced sleep through the effects of the hot bath and magnesium.
- Alkalization of your body through the use of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), which promotes an ideal pH for healing, detoxification, and optimal cellular function.
- Increased circulation and increased heart rate, which serves as a form of passive exercise. No, not instead of exercise…
- Lowered blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Increased heart rate variability, a sign of a healthy nervous system and reduced stress.
- Increased sweating and elimination of toxins.
Add 2 cups of Epsom salts, 1 cup of baking soda (optional), and 10 drops of PURE ESSENTIAL lavender oil to bath water as hot as you can tolerate.
I buy this stuff in bulk!
I buy large bags of Epsom Salt at our Rite Aid store & baking soda is available in large boxes at our local restaurant supply. Make sure you find pure lavender essential oil.
Try taking a 20-minute Soak it Out Bath just before bed every night.
For extra-powerful detoxification wrap yourself in towels immediately after the bath, get in bed under the covers and sweat more for 20 minutes, then remove the towels and go to sleep. You can go directly to sleep without rinsing off after the bath.
This is something I find my clients either really love or really don’t love. See what you think!