Today I want to talk to you about a way to … I don’t want to say reverse aging, but I will say reverse aging because YOU CAN!Read More
Halibut En Papillote with Coconut Curry, Shiitake & Bok Choy
It’s halibut season!! I try to buy the smallest fish I can find as the larger they are the more “junk in the trunk” when it comes to mercury and all that nasty jazz.
This is a lovely French inspired way to make tender and luscious fragrant halibut. If you want to be really glamorous you can do these individually for a dinner party and slice open at the table. This will deliver a beautiful show and surprise your guests with an deliciously aromatic poof of a surprise.Read More
Chia Smoothie Bowl
Have you tried making a Chia Smoothie bowl yet? I have to admit it took me a long time to give in to the trendy idea of eating chia seed. I mean…..if you grew up when I did the infamous recognition of these healthy jelly seed bits may be recalled in an obnoxious and ubiquitous TV commercial interrupting your Saturday cartoons and the Mary Tyler Moore show, all too often.
Do you remember that?? Me neither.
Some old people told me about it ;).
But who knew that chia has more anti-oxidants than blueberries, more omega 3’s than salmon and more calcium than milk? We need that stuff! Read More
Well, Hello there!
I’ve been off the radar lately doing all things Spring, like a “Lisa Kondo” version of getting my home cleaned and cleared of clutter and now it’s extending into my morning routine which I think is a natural extension of clearing the home as I see it, but more on that later.Read More
The Soak it Out Epsom Salt Detox Bath
Here is one of my favorite cleansing and detoxifying ways to break up an evening routine and calm your body and to get ready for a delicious nights rest. Grab a great book and roll with this, right before bed.
The Soak it Out Bath:
The Soak it Out Bath provides many powerful benefits in one soothing, 20-minute ritual every day.
What does it do and how does it help?
- Relaxation of your nervous system and lowering of cortisol through the use of lavender oil, which promotes weight loss and lowers inflammation.
- Enhancement of detoxification through the effects of the magnesium and sulfur in the Epsom salts.
- Magnesium is my favorite mineral for all things chillaxing and the go to mineral for all things tight and anxious.
- Enhanced sleep through the effects of the hot bath and magnesium.
- Alkalization of your body through the use of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), which promotes an ideal pH for healing, detoxification, and optimal cellular function.
- Increased circulation and increased heart rate, which serves as a form of passive exercise. No, not instead of exercise…
- Lowered blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Increased heart rate variability, a sign of a healthy nervous system and reduced stress.
- Increased sweating and elimination of toxins.
Add 2 cups of Epsom salts, 1 cup of baking soda (optional), and 10 drops of PURE ESSENTIAL lavender oil to bath water as hot as you can tolerate.
I buy this stuff in bulk!
I buy large bags of Epsom Salt at our Rite Aid store & baking soda is available in large boxes at our local restaurant supply. Make sure you find pure lavender essential oil.
Try taking a 20-minute Soak it Out Bath just before bed every night.
For extra-powerful detoxification wrap yourself in towels immediately after the bath, get in bed under the covers and sweat more for 20 minutes, then remove the towels and go to sleep. You can go directly to sleep without rinsing off after the bath.
This is something I find my clients either really love or really don’t love. See what you think!